K2 Urine Test Kits
One-step K2 Rapid urine Test kit is a rapid visual immunoassay for the qualitative, presumptive detection of synthetic cannabis in human urine specimens at the cut-off of 50 ng/mL.
Principle of K2 Urine Test
K2 Rapid Test kit has been designed to detect K2 through visual interpretation of color development in the K2 urine strip or K2 urine cassette. The membrane of the Synthetic Cannabis Test device was immobilized with K2 conjugates on the test region, and the pad at the sample region was pre-coated with colored anti-K2 antibodies colloidal gold conjugates.
Negative: After urine specimens were added to the K2 urine screening kit, the gold-conjugates move along the membrane chromatographically under capillary action and antibodies get to the test region. If there is no molecule of synthetic cannabis in the urine, the antibody gold conjugate would attach to the drug conjugate to form a visible line. Therefore, the formation of a visible precipitant in the test region indicates a negative K2 testing result.
Positive: If K2 molecules are present in the urine, they compete with the drug conjugate on the test region for limited antibody binding sites. If the concentration of K2 reach the cut-off value of this Synthetic Cannabis test kit, it fills the limited antibody binding sites, thus prevent the attachment of the colored antibody-colloidal gold conjugate to the k2 binding sites on the test region. Therefore, absence of the colored band on the test region indicates a positive K2 testing result.
Inner Control: Appearance of a colored band at the control region serves as a procedural control. This indicates that proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
K2 Testing Procedures
- Bring the K2 test cassette, specimens to room temperature (15-30 ℃) before use.
- Remove the K2 urine test device from its sealed pouch, and place it on a clean, level surface. Label the test with identification.
- Using the provided disposable pipette, transfer 3 drops of specimen (approximately 120 µL) to the specimen well (S) of the Cassette, and start the timer. (Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well (S), and do not add any solution to the result area.)
- Wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The result should be read at 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 8 minutes.
K2: Synthetic cannabis
Synthetic cannabis is a psychoactive product of herbal and chemical that, when consumed, mimics the effects of cannabis. It is well known by its brand name K2 and Spice, both are generic trademarks of this kind synthetic cannabis product.
Studies suggest that synthetic cannabinoid intoxication is associated with acute psychosis, worsening of previously stable psychotic disorders, and may also have the ability to trigger a chronic psychotic disorder among vulnerable individuals such as those with a family history of mental illness. In March 1, 2011, five cannabinoids, JWH-018, JWH-073, CP-47, JWH-200 and cannabicyclohexanol were ruled as illegal drugs in US because these substances have the potential to be extremely harmful and, therefore, pose an imminent hazard to the public safety. Since then, K2 urine screening kits are often used to detect the K2 abuses.
Cut-off of Drug Test Kits
|No.||Abbr.||Full Name||Cut-off (ng/ml)|
|7||EDDP||ethylenediamine-dimethyl phosphinic acid||100|
|11||LSD||Lysergic acid diethylamide||50|
Add Synthetic Cannabis Test Kits to Inquiry Cart How to Use
4 STEPs TO GO:
- Browse product pages and choose;
- Enter a quantity for all products of interest;
- Click "Add Selected" or "Add/Change" button below before moving to other page;
- Go to "Inquiry Cart" page, adjust, enter other terms, and Send.