HPV Dot Immuno Gold Filtration Assay Kits

HPV IgG Dot Assay Kit

HPV IgG Dot Assay kit and HPV IgM Dot Assay kit are immunoassay based on the principle of Dot Immuno Gold Filtration Assay (DIGFA), which adopted purified monoclonal antigens to detect IgG and IgM antibodies to Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) in human serum and plasma, and are intended to be used as an aid in the diagnosis of HPV infection.

In developed countries, a cervical Papanicolaou (Pap) test is used to detect abnormal cells which may develop into cancer. During a colposcopy inspection, biopsies can be taken and abnormal areas can be removed with a simple procedure, typically with a cauterizing loop or - more common in the developing world - by freezing. Serological tests which are used to detect the antibodies specific to HPV are also available in the market, including HPV ELISA kit and HPV Dot test kits, which are used to detect the antibodies specific to HPV.

Importance of the detection of HPV Infection

The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a member of the papillomavirus family. The majority of the over 100 known types of HPV causes no symptoms after infection and is referred to as low risk HPV, while some high risk HPVs can cause warts, and even can lead to invasive cancers on cervix, vulva, vagina and anus in women, or cancers of the anus and penis in men. HPV can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, sexual action or even kissing. More than 30 types of HPV are typically transmitted through sexual contact and infect the anogenital region. Among them, at least 13 types can lead to cervical cancer or other anogenital cancers. Studies show that HPV infection is positively connected with 90% of the cases of cervical cancer. 70% of invasive cervical cancers are caused by HPV16 and HPV18.

Most HPV infections in young females are temporary, and cause little long term lesions. About 70% of infections disappear in 1 year, and about 90% in 2 years. However, in the remaining less than 10%, the risk of developing precancerous lesions of the cervix is high, which can progress to invasive cervical cancer. This process usually takes 15-20 years, providing many opportunities for detection and treatment of the pre-cancerous lesion. Progression to invasive cancer can be effectively prevented after standard prevention strategies are applied. So, regular testing of HPV infection is a good method to avoid the anogenital cancers such as cervical cancer.

HPV IgG and IgM Dot Assay Kits

No.Cat. No.Description
(Click For Details)
SpecimenPCS/BoxQuan. per CTN Quantity Interested* Add to
Inquiry
1 HPV 3512 HPV IgM Dot Assay serum 25 Bulk: 1200 PCS
Boxed: 36 Boxes
PCS
2 HPV 3522 HPV IgG Dot Assay serum 25 Bulk: 1200 PCS
Boxed: 36 Boxes
PCS
NOTES:
  1. Please put the items of interest into the "Inquiry Cart" by entering a quantity & clicking "ADD"; and then Check & Send the inquiry by clicking the Icon of Inquiry Cart.
Infectious Disease Multi-3 Test Kit
Atlas Link products