Chikungunya IgG/IgM Rapid Test
Chikungunya antibody rapid test cassette is intended to be used as a screening test and as an aid in the diagnosis of infection with Chikungunya disease.
Chikungunya IgM/IgG Rapid Test cassette is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of IgM/IgG to the Chikungunya virus in human serum, plasma or whole blood. It is intended to be used as a screening test and as an aid in the diagnosis of infection with Chikungunya disease.
Our Chikungunya IgM/IgG Rapid Test utilizes recombinant antigens derived from the structure protein of Chikungunya, and the test process takes up to 15 minutes. The test can be performed by untrained personnel, without cumbersome laboratory equipment.
The Chikungunya IgM/IgG Rapid Test consists of:
- a burgundy colored conjugate pad containing recombinant antigen and rabbit IgG-gold, conjugated with colloid gold;
- a nitrocellulose membrane strip containing two test bands: the M band is pre-coated with monoclonal anti-human IgM , G band with reagent for the detection of IgG to Chikungunya;
- and the C band is pre-coated with goat anti rabbit IgG, acting as an internal control.
Chikungunya is a rare viral infection transmitted by the bite of an infected Aedes aegypti mosquito. It is characterized by a rash, fever, and severe joint pain (arthralgias) that usually lasts for three to seven days.
The symptoms are most often clinically indistinguishable from those observed in dengue fever. Unlike dengue, hemorrhagic manifestations are relatively rare and most often the disease is a self-limiting febrile illness. Therefore it is very important to clinically distinguish dengue from CHIK infection. An IgM immunoassay is the most practical test method in laboratories.
Add Chikungunya Test Kits to Inquiry Cart How to Use
4 STEPs TO GO:
- Browse product pages and choose;
- Enter a quantity for all products of interest;
- Click "Add Selected" or "Add/Change" button below before moving to other page;
- Go to "Inquiry Cart" page, adjust, enter other terms, and Send.