HBV Rapid and ELISA Kits
Both rapid test kits and ELISA kits are available for all the five regular parameters for HBV testing: HBsAg, HBsAb, HBcAb, HBeAg, HBeAb.
HBV Test Kits
Atlas Link Technology Co., Ltd supplies both rapid test kits and ELISA kits for all the common five parameters regularly tested in the diagnosis of Hepatitis-B infection, namely HBsAg, HBsAb, HBcAb, HBeAg, HBeAb. All HBV rapid test kits and ELISA kits are all immunoassay kits, and are widely used as an aid in the diagnostic test of hepatitis-B infection; and ELISA kits can also used in mass blood screening of blood such as in blood banks.
Hepatitis B Multi-5 test panel is also widely used, which detect all the five antigen and antibodies important to the diagnosis of Hepatitis B infection in one single test device.
Who Should Get HBV Tested
Hepatitis-B can be transmitted through various infected body fluids, such as blood, semen, and vaginal fluids. As result, HBV usually is considered sexually transmissible disease (STD). It also can be transmitted from a pregnant woman to her child at or near the time of birth. The following persons are exposed to the risk of HBV infection and is advised to take HBV test regularly: those having sex without taking protection; sharing needles to inject drugs; getting a tattoo or piercing with tools that are not disinfected properly; sharing personal items such as razor and toothbrush.
5 Ag/Ab of Hepatitis-B
- HBsAg is the earliest indicator of an active HBV infection. HBsAg may be present before any symptom. If its level remains high for over 6 months, the person is regarded as a HBV carrier.
- HBsAb usually appears about 4 weeks after HBsAg disappears, indicating the infection is at the end and the patient is not contagious. It also protects from re-infection.
- HBcAb is an antibody to HBcAg. It appears about 1 month after an active infection. It usually presents for life long after infection.
- HBeAg is an HBV protein that is only present during an active HBV infection. The test of HBeAg can show the contagiousness of the patient. HBeAg can also be used to monitor the effectiveness of the treatment measures.
- HBeAb positive result shows that the active stage of the HBV infection is almost over.